Title: Programs and Gallery Experience Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities: Implements and manages all public programming (including staff preparation and coverage during programs), with emphasis on families and children ages 1-10; Develops quarterly program calendar and coordinates material and supply needs; Regularly assists in the implementation and scheduling of school tours and camps; Serves two days a week as Museum gallery manager responsible for opening and closing of facility, staff direction and support, and providing an excellent overall visitor experience.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, education or a related field.
- Teaching experience working with children and other teachers (program and lesson planning)
- Ability to address the public and discuss problems, complaints and issues tactfully, courteously, and effectively.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and cloud-based online applications.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, regularly assist with physically demanding tasks, and safely lift up to 25 lbs.
Desired Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in early childhood, education or a related field.
- Familiar with both formal and informal education techniques and experience in a museum setting, with an understanding of educational theories or techniques, age/grade characteristics, and/or child developmental stages.
- Bilingual speaker
- Familiar with publishing appropriate public content via popular social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
- Experience leading/supervising staff and/or volunteer teams
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time (Monday-Friday), hourly
- Weekends and some evening hours required
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and 3 references to T.J. Hicks, Director of Education and Exhibits, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDMOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: To ensure that CDMOD’s personnel policies and practices are administered fairly, CDMOD employs individuals on the basis of merit and needs, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, or veteran status.