Title: Assistant Camp Educator
Summary of Responsibilities: Facilitate activities as directed by their lead educator; assist in supervision of extended camp and lunch as an additional chaperone; prepare materials and aid in set-up and clean-up of daily activities; assist in supervision of teen volunteers.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of educational theories or techniques,
age/grade characteristic, and/or child developmental stages
- At least 1 years of teaching experience with children in
summer camps, informal or formal classroom setting
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working
relations with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to address the public and discuss problems,
complaints and issues tactfully, courteously, and effectively.
- Demonstrated use of good judgment.
- Creativity and flexibility, with sensitivity to working with
diverse audiences, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend and safely lift up to 25 lbs.
Desired Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, education
or a related field.
- Experience in a museum setting
- Bilingual speaker
Terms of Employment:
- A.M. (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.) or P.M. (12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) shift available
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and 3 references to TJ Hicks, email@example.com .
CDMOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: To ensure that CDMOD’s personnel policies and practices are administered fairly, CDMOD employs individuals on the basis of merit and needs, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, or veteran status.